Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Making a house my Home

Ok all...
We have finally made a decision. We sat down and wrote down the pros and cons to each property.

Both of us said the cons for the burbs are not being close in to the activities and doings that we love and gas money higher taxes.

Cons to the little house in the city... 800 sqft, have to buy all new appliances and needs TLC left and right.

Pros to the Burbs... New no work needed, equity, 2100 sqft.

Pros to cute house in the city... smaller pmt, close in, 1/2 block from popular park.

I spoke to Brent last night and as you said racquel he and I are on the same page. INVESTMENT INVESTMENT INVESTMENT then comfort.

I cant wait to go home to Portland, I cant wait until we get to house hunt for what we WANT all around! D's parents own a house on NE Schuyler in the grant park/lloyd district. Its an old victorian and it has been 100% refinished from the inside out all original except the technology of course, but we love it. We dont want something quite so big but we would love to refinish something like it someday, I look forward to coming home more and more.

Thanks for all your comments and advice.

5 Comments:

At 8:46 AM , Blogger May1983 said...

Sweet! I wish I owned that house on Schuyler ( i live on that street too). All the Victorians look like doll houses, they are so beautiful...

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger Knows It All said...

Eva,
you should break in and pretend you live there!

 
At 8:38 AM , Blogger May1983 said...

lol...good idea im gonna pack up my sleeping bag and backpack when i get home.

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger Rocky said...

I think you have some pretty romantic ideas about fixing up a house. Yeah, the end result is great, but it will definitely test your relationship. I almost moved out--twice.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger McRebeck said...

I have to admit romantic ideas is all it will ever be. I am so not into doing the dirty work. I will paint my life away but thats as far as I go. I have been down the renovation road before and I have to say I HATE IT!!

Buy me a brand new home with a full warranty!!

The fixing up I want to do is the yard and the painting and the new appliances.. THATS IT!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home