Friday, June 17, 2005

Over the hill

My brother and I have been talking alot lately as D and I are buying a house. He tells me my parents are going to buy a house for the 1st time ever. This brings mixed emotions, We have lived in the white house at 7207 Syracuse for 20 years. I know I dont live there anymore but my bedroom does, my memories do and my parents do. I know that its way to much house for just them. But what that realization is bringing me is that my parents are getting older. I am excited for them also. Their 1st house. Theirs!!! GREAT!! I have already owned 3!! And this is their first, she can do what she wants, she can paint and have animals and 1 floor. I am proud of them.
I am in the mortgage industry, just like Brent. I know how it all works I just don't get the loan he does. D and I are getting a 5 year ARM interest only, we have a specific reason for that and it works for us. Brent is getting our parents a 30 year fixed INTEREST ONLY.... uh?? huh?? they will never own it!! Brent says this is best for them. Ok you know best your the broker im not. Why though? He says mom and dad will not survive another 30 years so why not let them live comfortably by paying as little as possible. He doesnt want them to pay principle on something that we the kids dont need after they are gone. Ok I agree and understand now.
In 30 years my parents will be 90 or fast approaching. I understand now but I have never really stopped to realize this fact. My grandpa died at 74 I was a sophmore in high school. It was tough but I understood. This has caused me alot of grief the last few days with the random thoughts I have had about their potential passings.
As we all know my mom has gone through a medical nightmare my high school days. With heartattacks and broken legs.. Dad has always been healthy until the last couple of years. My mom is like a horse she seems to survive everything. I am worried about my dad though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home