Thursday, May 12, 2005

Un-Happy Birthday

I swear I hate my birthdays!! I love everyone elses but mine...UGH!! why?? I expect so much yet I expect so little.

On my 30th birthday last year I spent the day TOTALLY alone, NO ONE called, no cards no nothing I swear im not even exagerating.. D dropped me off at the airport that day, I sat at the airport from 10 am until my flight was supposed to leave at 3pm (I went early because D was my ride and he had a flight at 11:30) So at 2pm I go to the ticket counter to get my ticket and the man tells me I AM A DAY EARLY!!! WTF?? UGH why? why on my 30th of all days!! So I scramble around the airport trying to figure out how to get home early or go back to my little lonely apartment!! Early flight home $120.00 additional... Taxi back to apartment $50.00... Bek bawling At DIA for 2 hours pissed off for too many reasons PRICELESS!!

I am normally always very thoughful and generous with my family and friends. I never want anyone to be dissapointed so I try to do something I think is special. I make handmade gifts or buy something I know is really thoughtful. I like how it makes me feel to make others happy, suprised and thought of, becuase I know how it would make me feel.

On my birthdays I never expect this in return but I guess deep down hope for it. And when I dont get anything at all I feel let down. I just think my birthdays stink!!

At work, whenever it is someones birthday the crew sends around the manilla envelope with the card inside to sign asking for $5-10 (from 30-40 people let me mind you) so that the day of the birthday the birthday person gets a really nice gift and a baskin robbins ice cream cake.. No one has asked and I havent told anyone my birthday is coming up. I am secretly jealous? I dont know I HATE MY BIRTHDAY!!

D says he just isnt good with birthdays and holidays and its like pulling teeth to get him to even acknowledge these events. So I stopped reminding and dropping hints.

As long as my babies acknowledge it I am SO much happier. I always get handmade gifts from them that I will never throw away no matter how hideous they are!!

So Happy Crappy Birthday to me. LOL

PS I have been in bitch FEST mode lately!

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM , Blogger Knows It All said...

Ummmm.. is this the part where I send you a "tail between my legs" birthday wish? Sorry!!! Happy Birthday. I'm kind of with D. After so many, I kind of disregard them. My parents usually remember, fiance too.. but I don't really care. Of course, probably because it's never gone "forgotten". Anyhoo-- Happy 31st. :)

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger McRebeck said...

Ahhh..LOL. I am such a big baby!!

I dont expect everyone I have ever known to remember.. I was really directing my frustration at D and the fam..

I will post my sheepish apology hopefully, after my birthday tuesday.

Thank you for your birthday wishes!

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Knows It All said...

Hey! Your birthday hasn't even comes yet! It's Tuesday. Are these anticipatory tears?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home