Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Its Quiet time..

I hate it here!! I hate being in this place so far from home, I hate it when I need my "people" and no one can help no one can run over, everyone is a LONG distance call away. then I have to stop and look at the bigger picture, I am not STUCK here!. Today I haven't made the effort to make friends. I don't involve myself with work folks.. its usually best that way anyway.

Surgery... I am petrified. Its still a month away and I am a wreck, nervous, scared, sad and just generally being a big baby about it all. But come on.. Its not everyday people have surgery and most people have support when they do. Mom has to fly out and the boyfriend is rigid about Dr.s. I am really nervous..

I was told at work today or actually I over heard a few people say.. Shhh its rebeccas "quiet time" when I finally asked Linda explained to me that people notice when im sad sick or homesick, she says my neck, chest and face get really red and I LOOK quiet. So they have labeled it my quiet time. I didn't realize I was so transparent! I did notice that thankfully no one talks to me or asks me questions when its my quiet time, I kinda like it. I feel like shit though when I have bad days. I miss my girlfriends!!

2 Comments:

At 7:25 AM , Blogger Knows It All said...

Hey there. Sounds like a tough time. I think work is where you should be making friends, if you can. You are with people 8 hours a day, and you may need them. WOrk is better if you know who people are. You won't like all of them. Remember though, they only know how much you let them. So if all they know is you with a cloud over your head, they have no idea what the background is...there are some people who are just consistently negative and victims of the world, so if they have nothing else, they may take you for that. Give them a chance to see you, and your sense of humor, and you will find people. A person needs friends. So get out there, join a gym, volunteer. YOU WILL MEET PEOPLE. Anyway, sorry you are feeling bad. It will all be okay! :)

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger McRebeck said...

Everyone at work has been awesome about me being sick. They have all been supportive and such but I dont feel like I could call on anyone from home on a weekend. I had a bad day... hehe. I feel better and did join a gym. Met with a girlfriend sunday and went golfing for the day, nice and relaxing just what I needed. You all know nancy... sometimes its hard to please her so I dont if its really the surgery or her coming out inspecting my home!! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home