Saturday, April 09, 2005

I didn't get it

I didn't!!!

I didn't get it, that I needed to take care of my body. I was clueless until I was 24. I had babies and the "stuff" didn't go back to where it was before.... WHAT?? Oh my!! I doubled my size nearly in 6 years.. it was quite gross actually. It almost seemed to late once I realized it. I turned 28 and was begining a long divorce process and my body said it was ready now.. I think it was more affraid of having to meet a new man someday...lol. So anyhow, I finally got it!! I am in control of MOST of my body, I have big bones and can accept the fact that I wont ever be 123 pounds. But I started losing weight and it seemed to fall off with every blink!! I lost 80 pounds!! I did it, rather effortlessly. I was healthier, lived healthier loved my new me... was excited about me and had fun with me and met someone who dug me too. Ahh life is grand... wait what happened?? I got down to a decent weight but still had another 20-30 to go before I was "attractive" to men I was attracted to... why am I looking for attractive men when I just mentioned a great guy you ask?? yeah well, I think we all secretly, some not so secretly, enjoy the attention and take pride in the fact that someone is attracted and besides I hadn't had "attention" in years. For gods sake I was literally a piggy. Anyhow I hit that ever so seemingly endless plateau.. I would be happy with losing about 1-15 more right now...

I joined the gym, I did it, I pay for it.. I AM GOING come hell or high water!! I love my cycling class 2 nights a week and I love my 6am pilates classes 2x a week.. its the butt crack of dawn but I drag in there telling myself the whole 4 miles that ITS GOOD FOR YOU, ITS GOOD FOR YOUR SEX LIFE...hehe. ITS ONLY 2 DAYS A WEEK!!

I have set reasonable goals. But one "goal" I have is more like a personal promise. As I have mentioned I think in every post I AM 30! I have vowed that I WILL NOT have any more children after 34!! On my 35th birthday I WILL have my tubes tied and a TUMMY TUCK!!! I will have had my babies, I have worked hard this last 2 years on taking weight off this is my treat for me!! I chose this over a VOLVO!!! lol. And besides I can't seem to shake that baby baring belly, So like a cancerous growth I REMOVE IT!!!

I finally know now what I didn't know then and I am grateful that I am young enough to use it, change it, fix it and LOVE it!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home