Friday, May 06, 2005

Home FREE..

We are heading home for a 4 day weekend May 19th. I haven't been home since Christmas and even then I was only there for 1 day to get the kids and bring them back to Denver with me. I almost love the anxeity and stress brings to air travel... NOT!!

I am very lucky to get free air travel but there are pro's and con's to it.

The beauty of free air travel:
#1. Its free.
#2. I can go whenever I want.. not wherever but whenever wherever the airline flies (which includes vegas, portland and most of cali)
#3. Its still free.

What sucks about free travel:
#1 Its stand-by. A last minute paying traveller can bump me. An employee with more seniority than D can bump me.
#2 All the employees know your traveling "non-rev" so they are all mean and rude waiting for your reaction so they can deny you travel...MEAN.
#3 It sucks to get bumped when your so stoked to travel... for FREE!!
#4 It sucks to get bumped from the last flight of the night. you either sleep in an airport or find an affordable hotel..

I will not complain though, I can't afford to.

One thing I love is that this affords me more time with D. We dont travel alot together but will more now as time permits.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 AM , Blogger Little Star said...

I appreciate the offer to Sheri...
That was very thoughtful of you.
Keep Bloggin!

 
At 6:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo-- no can find your email. But thanks... I had to buy a ticket since I am restricted with flight times and work schedule. But nothing could keep me from being there for her at this time, and thanks for knowing that. Very sweet and thoughtful of you.
EMAIL me with your flight times, maybe we'll cross paths! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home