Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Travel bug

For the last 6 weeks I have been on the go constantly...

3 years of dating an airline pilot is coming to end I better get my travels in check... for the last 2 years he has ALWAYS said NO... no you cant meet me in my overnight city. No you dont want to go to Austin there isnt anything to see and it will waste a pass. No I wont be in that town long enough for us to do anything.. no no no no... Well finally No has been scrubbed off and rewritten to mean SURE, WHY NOT, PLEASE DO, HOW ABOUT IT? Yeah.. So I have been to Vail, Co quite sleepy little ski resort home of that Trista and Ryan pair.. we even watched Ryan in action all dolled up in his firefighter digs, I dont know who was more jazzed me or D. Then there was Aspen, Co again another ski resort however this one isnt sleepy and there is enough to do when the snow is absent. Beautiful, clean friendly..ish, rather hirtoric, great streams and awesome walking paths, but MIGHTY expensive nothing under a mil for real estate. Gunnison, Co not much to say about it. kinda like pendelton not much to do there isnt a vacation town just a college town. Crestted Butte, Co was beautiful and boring. Circled Phoenix, Az a few times didnt do anything special I just like Ikea.. Miss know it all is always out of town... Then Vegas, just went for the day. Chicago, Il was last week and I loved it... Loved it!! It seems to be a great mix between Portland and New York, alot of culture and history there. All the people were friendly even on the L. The shopping district called the Magnificent mile was GREAT!! The biggest Old Navy I have ever seen, Then there ae these parts of Chicago that are new and interesting like the Millenium park... My feet hurt though.

Well folks my final trip before I return to the city of roses is an 8 day to NYC, 3 days in Woodstock with Uncle Butch then 5 days in the city for more foot pounding, picture taking and crying about prices.

Oh and I was just home in PDX for the weekend with the kids and a little job hunting.. Sucks.

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM , Blogger Little Star said...

Sounds exciting...
Be sure to post about it!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home