Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The dust has settled but the air is merky...

I wrote this on July 17th... I never posted it because I thought maybe I was being silly or D's family was just being maybe a little negative... I should have learned by now that instincts should always be followed...

+++++++++++++++++++++
I have been on an emotional roller coaster for the last couple of weeks..

So NO house. Fine. I understand your concerns and respect your decision. I dont have to like or agree with it but as your partner I respect it.

The constant confusion is so very difficult. I am very organized and methodical, I just dont work well under this kind of situation.

I talked to D's mom last night as I often do. We catch up and keep each other updated on the happenings of everything. She often provides me with personal advice and suggestions which I listen to and apply accordingly. Last night she ended our conversation with "I dont want you to get too comfortable, I just dont think he will ever see the forest through the trees" essentially she is saying push up your cuffs, tighten your laces and get ready to hike out... This is not the first time she has mentioned she believes D will never marry.. She goes on to explain that I shouldnt be giving him so much for fear I will get nothing in return. Who wants to hear this from their boyfriends mother?

I get off the phone, I call him. Told him what she said and asked him to validate her statement. He of course says totally invalid and that I shouldnt listen to her. WHAT??

I find it difficult to understand, how she can say these things about him not really knowing much about him and our life together. Then I find it difficult to understand how she couldnt know certain things about him and his personality.

It would be totally unfair of me expect more from him if I take her advice and stop buying D stock. I give what I hope for, I give 100% because I hope for 100%. Of course there is a breaking point in every relationship.

His family doesn't see us together, they never witness the loving part of us. They also have known him WAY longer than I have. His family loves me and my kids, They however dont believe in D's decision making ability unless it comes to his career. The cautions and red flags they throw out to me are becoming increasingly difficult to ignore...

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM , Blogger Knows It All said...

Seems like you spent a long time guessing and living with ambiguity.
Well, them days are over. Good things to come.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home