Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Curiosity killed the cat

I am an overly curious person. Don't mistake my curiosity as need and desire.

My high school crush... whoa BIG TIME.. like Miss Know it all I had the "weak knee, heart racing to the point I sometimes nearly cried" crush too. I was a serious mess, He was always so kind to me, spent a lot of time with me and my family, who wouldn't have thought he was perfect. He was liked by most and quite handsome I thought.. His "grill" was nice, he was always looking straight, I mean what's not to like.. LOL I'm kidding Sheri! He was a perfect gentleman at homecoming. Thanksgiving with the family. Hot mama LOVED him too (his nick name for my mom). He was gone one day. He didn't return to school, His aunt called me looking for him as he had often times stayed over at the "Nears", He wasn't here, I was worried, she was worried and hot mama was worried. Where in the world did he go?? I finally got the call, I remember preparing for the evening with Rocky as it was her birthday and she was in fact my best friend. He wanted to apologize and tell me "what's up". He decided to move to Cali to cut Christmas trees and load them on trucks with one of his uncles, then when the season has dried up he is heading for boot camp... I swear that was the last day of my innocent teenage life. I was a more than a mess I was totally HEARTBROKEN!! I waited and waited for cards and letters, I sat by the phone sometimes. I got 1 letter every 2 weeks from him. I ran home most days in case they came early and cried myself to sleep when they weren't there.
I got married in 1994, He called my mom in 1995 she gave him my number and address, he showed up on my doorstep, we spent the day reminiscing and laughing, I was STILL in love with this guy! At 31 now, I still have these letters, there is about 40 of them in airmail red white and blue envelopes all tied together with a rose he had given me for homecoming. He set my bar for love. I was madly madly in love with the boy!! Where is he today? He lives in New York, he went to West Point Academy (at least that's what he said) He was married the last time we spoke 5 years ago. I'm sure he is still HOT!!

Monique and Corrine Sutton, These girls lived in the same apartment complex as my family in like 1982. I just remember Monique was about a year older than me and Corrine was a year or so younger than me. I still have a picture of them sitting on a green transformer cover box with my sister Shawna. Corrine was wearing purple cords and a white tee with the sparkling rainbow applique on the front. Who are they now?

College Golfer boy, He was my post high school real boyfriend. I didn't really like him until well after we were dating. He was a few years older than me and was into the drinking and hanging with his buddies scene. But eventually I fell into the hard crush and want stage with him. We spent every Wednesday together, we went to a movie and dinner. He spent countless nights at my house, we spent countless hours watching movies and at least twice a week we went golfing, he taught me a lot. Towards the end of our relationship I was pulling out all the stops to be with him, I bought him Fred Meyer Challenge tickets thinking we would go together... NOPE he took his friend. His mom hated me, I wasn't the shining star from the burbs she would have hoped for for her precious only child. I mean I hated hummus and pepperoncinis weren't high on my list of pickled peppers oh and I wasn't into smoking pot. So it didn't work out, but I desperately wanted to keep in touch with him, I liked him. I talked to him just about 6 months ago or so, he is well and successful, married and happy!

These are the people I am most curious about.

8 Comments:

At 1:12 PM , Blogger May1983 said...

So clearly your HS crush liked you too. How come u guys never hooked up?

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger McRebeck said...

Ya know, it was never meant to be. We were pretty close frineds and spent ALOT of "quiet" time together but it just wasn't gonna be.

Everything happens for a reason. He was way to hot for me...

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Knows It All said...

Dude, I am suspecting someone, but I am not sure of who it is.. Did his name start with a D?

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger McRebeck said...

Some friend you are!! Kidding

Good lorn No I had a crush on the pocket hanke for less than half a year...LOL

Who was my homecoming date??

MM was more of the crush/psuedo boyfrined outside of school, at school we rarely talked.

 
At 6:20 AM , Blogger Knows It All said...

No, that's right. I was picturing him, but could not remember his name....but that's who I was picturing.

And you described him as "hot" , but eyes of the beholder.... jokes.

 
At 7:42 AM , Blogger McRebeck said...

LOL... Eyes of the beholder is right baby!!! LOL

I mean you didn't think he was hot?? WTF is wrong with y'all?? LOL

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger Rocky said...

Oh my gosh! I forgot about him. I was thinking D, too. But the description was so off, since D and my D still hang out all the time. I remember now. Some best friend I am! I didn't know you guys went that deep. You are very discreet.

 
At 10:20 PM , Blogger McRebeck said...

I think the discreet thing was mainly because we were really close friends.. believe me girls. I had nothing to hide, nothing ever really happened. I was just totally IN LOVE and was not going to risk him finding out I loved him more than he knew.

But none the less he and I were very close friends and I was totally in love with him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home