Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Bloggity blog blog

I have had this "blog" for over a year now. However, I didn't start really enjoying it until early this year. I did a search online for a friend that had a baby in December , her newbie had a white tongue and I knew what it was but couldnt remember the name of it so blah blah blah I went online and did a search for "Thrush" as I thought thats what it was called.. so anyhow I did my search and came across a blog called "Thrusher" in this entry this person was talking about a Luwanna. I thought there probably isnt alot of Lu's in the world so I read on and she mentioned Portland and banking and all these things then I saw she provided a link to this Luwanna blog. I read Luwannas blog and it was the Lu that I know. which lead to a "ms know it alls" blog, this was a more anonymous blog but I read as the blogs were interesting and funny. I finally realized this was one of my closest friend sin high school in fact she was a brides maid in my very 80's esque wedding...lol. I loved stumbling on all this. I learned the new life of my old friends. I learned that we are all still, bottom line, from St. Johns and that even if we live there or not we are from there and the majority of our memories were born there.

Being far from "home" and so very disconnected from my previous life, reading these blogs of my once high school pals is SO inviting. I have made new friends in my life but I have 1 tenth of the circle of friends now than I had in high school.

I miss you guys. I miss the silly uninhibited fun we had. I miss the stupid crap we did. I miss the fact that I went a seperate way than you guys did, that we didn't keep in touch. Maybe one day we can all get together and be silly and fun for a weekend or maybe do something more grown up and travel somewhere together.

Glad to hear you are well and healthy.

3 Comments:

At 4:38 PM , Blogger Little Star said...

Wow, what a story.
It's a small internet world afterall...
And no, they don't make em like me anymore.
I didn't realize you were blogging so much...
Keep it up!

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger Rocky said...

We did have some fun times in high school. And I can appreciate your desire to somehow recapture those feelings again. Unfortunately, the reality is, things have changed. And sometimes you just cannot come back from that. Becca, I am really glad to hear that you are finally spreading your wings and discovering for the first time what you are capable of. In fact, you sound much happier than I remember you in a long time. We shared a lot of good laughs in the past and those times will always have a special place in my heart. And I know you will have many more great times in the future, with or without me. I sense that what you are missing is not so much me, but the idea of "me". In other words, you are longing for that type of bond again. If I have learned anything in the last few years, it is that those types of bonds don't come easy. We were kids back then and life was so uncomplicated, so it was easy to spend so much time on friendships. As an adult, that all changes. And sadly, I have and continue to lose many friends even from my recent present. It is never easy. And I often find myself reminiscing, too. But I understand that is the way of life. They say that if at age 50 you can say that you have 3 really close friends in your life, you are very lucky. May we all be so lucky!

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger Knows It All said...

First, blogging rocks. I can't get enough. I felt withdrawals last week in SF. Second, I love that you found us... since you kind of dropped off the face of the earth.

I never think about old times. Because on one level, I was a stupid teenager with angst and acne, but there was so much more that I don't want to remember. I am so glad to be so far away from that time and place. I don't recall High School fondly, and I envy that you do. For me, it was a constant nervous feeling, an inadequacy. Bitchiness, insecurity, ghettoness. I may have a good number of friends, but I feel like I was 1/10 of myself back then. (and not just on a scale)


I've escaped to a land of no drama. I have to deal with my family well enough, but I don't do their drama.

You did go a separate way. Marriage and homes and babies. I was just looking for a skin that felt better. Through the years, I lost touch with R too. I think we went years before we saw each other or spoke. Lu and I had times where we were more in our own lives, but stayed close.

I read this book where a bunch of girls got together long after high school, and they were really disillusioned that it wasn't just the same. So I can guess R was right when she said that we are all changed. I guess there are a lot of ways in which we are not changed, but the bottom line is, I am echoing R here, in that you do seem much happier than I ever recall and thats awesome!!!

Keep blogging girl. I'm sure that some day will come for new memories. Peace Out-

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home