Monday, January 23, 2006

Opt out

I can't tell you how COOL it is to get a $5000 check in the mail!!! WOOOOHOOOO

But thankfully im not that dumb.

This check comes to my home in Denver, yet it says my married name. It is a check from a local dealership here in Denver. errr well its from an outskirt town but none the less. I started thinking about it and actually began getting really mad. How the hell?? Why in the world would they have my married last name that was changed over 3 years ago!! I have never been to this dealership!! I called them, I asked how they got the info. They acted baffled. Did you buy a car from us? NO! Did you come in and test drive a vehicle? NO! Did your fam...NONONONO!!

I asked to talk to the marketing director. Her: We dont have one. Me: WHO is in charge of BUYING peoples names for marketing? Her: Uhm we dont do that ma'am! Me: DUH!!! YES YOU DO!!

Persistance paid off, I spoke to the CEO he says they do in fact buy names from EXPERIAN!!! Yes folks our TRUSTY credit bureau folks SELL our info to businesses!! GUH!!

So go to Experian.com and opt out!! If you want the crap mail to stop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home