Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Never a dull moment

During my training class today I got that DREADED phone call.. you know the one when mom (or anyone close to you) calls and is forced to choke out a message because I cant take the call in a class.. but then you wonder why is she calling she knows im in a class.. So I better listen to the message... I HATED IT.

Mom: "Please call home now, its important (choking in tears)"

I frantically call back... but like an idiot I call her while she is calling me and we cancel each other out.

Ok so the news is... My Aunt is in the hospital with a possible Brain tumor, very sick. If you know my family you know how close we ALL are and how when one goes down we are all there. I cant be, I am beside myself, how do I get home, keep my job, pay for the trip... I hate living so far away in times like this.

My whole family is there for her and I am here. hard hard!!

I want to be there with my people and show I care and be supportive, everyone in my family holds an equal value to everyone. Very challenging not to fall apart.

She goes in tomorrow for brain surgery and we will know whats going on tomorrow night.

1 Comments:

At 6:57 AM , Blogger Knows It All said...

Believe it or not, as your family, they should know your heart, and if it is there in spirit and via phone non-stop.....your support, fear, and love is THERE.

Fingers crossed, but I will say that a good friend of mine's relative had some major brain issues this year, and Jorge's aunt has a brain tumor, and every case is so different, but the medical world has done so much with the brain. Hang in there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home