Sunday, July 24, 2005

Phoenix needs me!!

I know that I am only one person and it will takes MUCH MUCH more than me. Its also going to take the work of the possible victims.

I have a huge heart for people that suffer. I know the argument can be they need to help themselves too. VERY right.

In Phoenix homeless and elderly are dropping off like unneeded flies! I am overwhelmed with grief. I hate the idea that these people are dying from heat exaustion and noone knows their names even. Sad, sad, sad!

I NEVER give money. But without thought I will (no matter how late I can be for my own function) turn around to the nearest store for a gallon of cold water and crackers and hand it to someone that can use it. When my kids went to Holy Cross the school designated 1 day a month for the kids to do something "out of the ordinary for others", By my slight persuasion my kids chose to make a meal or give their leftovers (from a restraunt) to a homeless person. My kids were beside themselves with pride and guilt at the same time.

Phoenix, I guess in my mind I am wondering if there is just at least one company that could spend $100 to buy water and pass it out to people that need it. The airport employees better known as rampers working out in the sweltering heat taxi-ing the aircraft in... This is CRAZY. The crazy thing is yes Phoenix is the bastard of firey infernos but there are crazy records being set all over the country.

Today is Sunday, the kids are here and UNBELIEVABLY moaning about not having anything to do and complaining that they have to stay in the house... its nearly 1pm and already 100. So we sat down and talked about the homeless and decided we are heading to walmart to buy 20 gallons of water, my girlfriend is doing the same with her kids. We are heading to a local park where the only trees in Denver seemingly reside, and we are passing out the jugs with wash clothes for each. I know that I am only one person but what I do does count and will help some and undoubtedly be appreciated by someone even if it is just me and my kids.

I wont go back through my post and reread and correct, so sorry if I rambled and made no sense!! I've got to get my leotard on fasten my cape and save the day... da da daa...LOL

2 Comments:

At 6:47 PM , Blogger Knows It All said...

Very cool man. If you do come to serve those in Phoenix, I'll take Limeberry Lemonaid from Sonic.
:)

 
At 6:59 PM , Blogger McRebeck said...

A girl after my own heart, I cant get enough of those sonic limeades!! I think its the ice though!! and the goodies at the bottom.

Sunday turned out to be a very "do-able" day the weather was beautiful so I have 20 gallons of water in the trunk...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home