Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Bitter bus driver

Why after 4 years is he still an ASS??!!

Why can't we all just get along? Aparently I am a mean nasty horrible mother because I chose a different path. Fingers are pointed at me, accusations are made and opinions are formed even though people dont have the FACTS! I am SO SO SO tired of it.

I will be the FIRST to admit I am NOT a nominee for mother of the year. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kids!!!! And would love to have them with me full time. HOWEVER I am not in as good of a position as their dad is at this point (or the point the decision was made). I don't own my home, I have no family here in Co. I am not married to my boyfriend whom I live with and financially not as stable as their dad. I FELT it was a better scenario for my kids to be closer to their families, live in a home they felt safe and comfortable and not to mention I was threatened and badgered into the whole situation. Whats done is done, my kids live with their dad full time and spend half their summers with me and every other holiday, I try to go home once or so a month and talk to them on the phone daily. Another BIG part of why things are the way they are is.. the X husband will FIGHT, he will hire lawyers and fight tooth and nail to get what he wants JUST to prove a point that I am no longer his boss as he puts it. I dont want to put my kids through that, its hard enough on them to be from a broken family and to hear their parents fighting

My daughter is 11, her dads fiance took her and had her hair highlighted and lowlighted, I think its looks terrible, Im pretty upset about it and feel they should have talked to me first out of courtesy. Fiance calls me this morning telling me I have no say in what happens at that home and that she will do what she wants with my kids because she is their full time caretaker. The dad has no health insurance on the kids... wait thats because he has NO JOB!!!

I am up to my eyeballs in disgust. I look forward to the day my kids can speak for themselves.

2 Comments:

At 1:06 PM , Blogger Knows It All said...

Breathe.

Sorry you are having issues with parenting and step parenting and all that. Put the kids first, don't sweat the small stuff and remember that you can only control your reaction and communications.

Don't envy you.

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger Little Star said...

OUCH, sounds rough... i feel your pain on the co parenting struggles...
It's hard enough parenting with two parents, let alone a third or fourth, add inlaws and it's a time bomb waiting to happen...
I agree with knows it all.... but it's hard...
There's days that making sure their father has equal share in things like having say in how the kids do their hair is damn important to me, and other days that, it's the least thing that i care about.... emotions are hard, so are relationships... especially maintaining relationships that have gone bad...
I guess it's the trial of it that builds character, and is what seperates the strong from the weak...
Hang in there...
The way i look at is, as long as you're consistantly loving and good to them whenever you get to talk to them and see them, that's how they'll form their impressions of you... and that's what will stick with them...
Eventually they'll ask questions, and when you feel it's appropriate you can share your struggle with them... but you're right, they don't need that burdon now. They carry enough...
Besides, chances are they'll need therapy anyway...
Don't we all really!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home