Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Northern Lights

I got an Anchorage layover last week. Yipppppeeeee!!

I truly love Alaska for a few days a year... I didn't do much but I tried. I sat stand by for a sea plane ride... got bumped. They were flying up over Mt. McKinley on the most gorgeous day of the year.. I was bummed but hopefully next year it will work out for me.

The flight back to Denver is a red-eye.. tough!!! 5 hour flight with everyone around you sleeping, farting and snoring.. gooosh... yick! The highlight however was that the flight deck allowed the 3 of us to enter the cockpit one at a time to see the Northern Lights.. AMAZING!!! I never thought I would actually see it with my own eyes.. from an airplane none the less!!

While in Anchorage I met a couple... Michael and Debbie (I think, Sorry) I do know however that Micheal had made plans to visit Alaska with his wife a year ago for her 50th birthday. They flew into Fairbanks from Baltimore MD planned an adventure in the Alaskan forest, Michael was bitten by what they believe was a Brown Recluse spider... dirty rotten little scoundral!! His poor leg looked like a steak gone bad, it ballooned up and they were forced to charter a plane off the mountain to a fairbanks hospital then to an Anchorage hospital... The made the best of what was left of their short lived vacation.. by being together and enjoying what they could. They were the kindest people I have met in ages!! They bought my dinner at a restaraunt/tavern called Humpys. Very kind! I hope they made it back to BWI safely!!

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM , Blogger Knows It All said...

I was once bitten by one of those stupid spiders! My mom didn't think it was a big deal till my arm hardened and I was delusional and then a big line went up my arm! Creepy and gross~

SOunds like a good trip. The perks of your job I guess!

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger McRebeck said...

I actually remember when that happened to you. Laying up there at Kaiser weren't ya?? yeah those are some NASTY spiders!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home