Tuesday, June 13, 2006

When the end is near

What do you say?

How do you hold it together?

My family is so tight, such strong people. Its like its crumbling now. My aunt is the youngest of the bunch... was always the strongest and most diplomatic, she was the glue.

Mom called tonight, advised my aunts health is rapidly deteriorating. She lost vision in 1 eye, cant walk alone anymore and her headaches have returned. My moms last words were... "maybe you should come home for a few days" last time I heard those exact words... I was 14 years old sitting on my friends bed at 11pm, by the time I ran home my grandpa had passed. Im 32 now and haven't lost anyone since then.. I don't know what to do, I don't know what to say or where to be or really how to feel about it... I am here, they are all there.

I had the conversation with my kids that sasa is going to die... soon. It was harder for me to tell them that than it was for me to explain my divorce from their dad. Emmy got quiet.. which is rare and Boog asked questions like... does she hurt? is she sick? will she cry? Heart breaking!

2 Comments:

At 4:11 PM , Blogger Knows It All said...

wow bec. Sorry. Thinking of you at this time.

 
At 10:40 PM , Blogger Rocky said...

I am so very sorry. Please pass along my condolences to your family. It just breaks my heart.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home