Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Nations Capital


None the less during a FREAKING ASS heat wave!! I took the kids on a vacation for 4 days!! Awesome, had a great hotel was called Jurys Washington hotel right on Dupont Circle was only $99 per night for a great room that had a plasma TV hanging gracefully from the wall directly in front of my king sized bed.

We spent a day in the downtown area walking from one end to the other, we visited the Natural history and the American history museums, Botanic Garden, Lincoln Memorial, washington Monument and Emmy asked if she could egg the white house.. It was no less than 100 degrees and HUMID like buckets of THICK wet air being thrown at us.. then to have to trek into those tunnels to catch the metro, standing next to hundreds of sweaty, sometimes filthy dirty people isn't much fun to me, not to mention im already one of those weird finatical mothers that freak about my 11 year old not holding my hand.. I was there by myself with my 2 priceless possesions.. I was scared!! But we did well and we all LOVED IT!!

Washington Monument is Beautiful its my favorite thing in DC!

My kid is a goon!!! He literally had a 5 minute session with this skeleton making sounds I had NO IDEA could come from a child! Others were staring and NOT EVEN LAUGHING!!! LOL

This little weevil thing was beyond boog.. he was goofing off and trying to mimic this thing the rest of the day.? weird kid!

Can you FREAKING believe these 2 belong to me? Man they are getting older and bigger!!

This probably the sweetest thing I saw the entire time! they were laughing and whispering with each other for at least 10 minutes!


Then all hell broke loose! LOL


After walking nearly 4 miles the 3 of us sat with our feet in a cool water fountain that stated "DO NOT TOUCH WATER Strictly prohibited" I asked the janitor picking leaves out why we couldnt touch.. he gave me a "pffft" so we SAT and planted ourselves... I bought the kids their Keens before we left... I loved mine so much that I broke down and bought them their very own!



This was at the end of our journey, we were all HOT/TIRED/THIRSTY and READY to get off of our feet... all we had to do is find the damned metro tunnel!!?? UGH It was back at federal triangle another 1/2 mile...

Farewell DC!

1 Comments:

At 6:18 PM , Blogger Knows It All said...

Wow, what an experience to have. Your kids will remember that forever. Heat and all.

I remember these kinds of trips with my dad. Glad you were able to do that!

They are huge! Wow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home